Front sway bar removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just noticed tonight that my passenger side sway bar link has ripped off. I think it is because I cranked the torsions all the way up. I think I will just remove the whole thing. Has anybody else done this and what good or bad has happened. I drove for years in my Suzuki Sidekick with no sway bar and no problems. I know the front will flex a lot better but did not know how it will handle. Just wondering about this big ole beast. 98 EB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a safety concern...if you ever swerve...i would think that you run the risk of loosing control...up to you if you feel like risking your life and the other lives riding with you and those in other vehicles...sway bar link is $40 or you can get it from junk yard...and i'm willing to bet this is your DD...so why bother risking everything...get another truck if you want incredible lean for when you go mudding and 4-wheeling...THINK SAFETY FIRST!!!

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
My sway bar has been disconnected for 4 years. No issues. It's not a street queen though, so I don't really make any 4G turns in it. If you start running slalom courses against nissan z's or something, I would suggest linking it back up. But I've had no problems.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my passenger side is off too. i need new links, but screw it! i think ill disconnect the other front one and then make quick releases for the rear.

OP
OP
J

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My sway bar has been disconnected for 4 years. No issues. It's not a street queen though, so I don't really make any 4G turns in it. If you start running slalom courses against nissan z's or something, I would suggest linking it back up. But I've had no problems.

That is the Exact same thing I said about my Suzuki. Guys told me not to take turns at 90mph anymore. That thing would not go over 65 so I was fine. I think I will just remove it for now and see how it acts. Links are pretty cheap so a fix would be cheap and easy if needed. Thanks guys.

sngltrck1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup ... just did this one too!

Love the results offroad and don't drive crazy
enough to need it on the road.

Was going to make some quick disco's for it but said ... NAH!

Yet another part to lighten the expy's weight. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990