Hah!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm 3.5 months into a 4 month road trip towing my light fiberglass trailer around Mexico.... Should be home in 2 weeks.

Just now my phone sent me a notification from FordPass ... Talk about timely...Screenshot_20240426-130004.png

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hope you had a fun trip! State Route 1 is closed around the Big Sur area (to be more specific near Rocky Creek Bridge) due to rockslide, so if you were planning on taking the scenic route back, it's off the tables.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sure hope you aren't waiting that long in between oil changes, otherwise you can plan on cam phasers and fun stuff soon to follow.

Mack444

Reaction score
Best of luck if you are servicing at North Bay Ford. They were terrible to work with on our MachE (told my pregnant wife to look up the bus route when they wanted to keep the car overnight ) so we use Watsonville Ford now. They are only a little better, but at least try to work with us when we ask for a little extra attention.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sure hope you aren't waiting that long in between oil changes, otherwise you can plan on cam phasers and fun stuff soon to follow.
Normally plan on 5000 mile changes but after 8000 miles the oil still looks and feels good.

Going to avoid North Bay Ford, will probably go to Sunnyvale when I'm home, or for oil changes an Indy shop like Earnie's in Felton.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Normally plan on 5000 mile changes but after 8000 miles the oil still looks and feels good.

Going to avoid North Bay Ford, will probably go to Sunnyvale when I'm home, or for oil changes an Indy shop like Earnie's in Felton.
The only way oil can look good is if it is still clear, which I seriously doubt 8,000 mile oil is. Feels good?? How do you differentiate the feel of good oil compared to bad oil? Deadman's advice is quite solid. On these newer VVT engines, especially with turbo, playing games with oil changes is like playing with a rattlesnake. Of course it's your vehicle and your decision. I change my oil when it is no longer clear on the dipstick. Oil is cheap. Valve-train components are not.

Mack444

Reaction score
Sunnyvale Ford is decent, just stay away from Harvey. The chip on his shoulder is so big it migrated to his bad haircut to show it off!