I did two things to seriously mitigate the delayed shift from gear 4 to 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would have to contact the shop to see if they perform that sort of

I wondered if it worked, as I asked the FORScan people and they said Configuration and programming functions (only in FORScan for Windows, require Extended License)
Here is a comparison chart of what can and can't be done with different versions. So maybe their documentation is old?
FORScan Comparison chart

For the three steps of what I did, the Forscan lite app on my iPhone is able to complete. But I did purchase the extended license for only 12 bucks.

BP 09

Reaction score
What qualities should I look for in a shop that can do a good transmission tune on my '20? Would like to avoid the dealership due to crazy wait times requiring you to leave it at the dealership until they can diagnose it.

There’s not many full service transmission shops that also tune transmissions. You’d want to go to a dedicated tuner or pick up a HP Tuners MPVI3 and learn how to tune yourself.

I can tell you confidently that MPT, ZFG, and Gearhead are the companies you want to work with for transmission tuning. I make my own transmission tune changes using HP Tuners, but always find myself going back to the pros like them. MPT has probably the most seamless smooth operation in daily driving, but Gearhead and ZFG really make the transmission feel snappy and quick which some people prefer. I like them all.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s not many full service transmission shops that also tune transmissions. You’d want to go to a dedicated tuner or pick up a HP Tuners MPVI3 and learn how to tune yourself.

I can tell you confidently that MPT, ZFG, and Gearhead are the companies you want to work with for transmission tuning. I make my own transmission tune changes using HP Tuners, but always find myself going back to the pros like them. MPT has probably the most seamless smooth operation in daily driving, but Gearhead and ZFG really make the transmission feel snappy and quick which some people prefer. I like them all.
My EX feels really snappy when I put it in sport mode. I like the way my steering and suspension changes as well. I'll have to look into the custom tuning.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a delay in 3-4 and 7-8, maybe I should try this before going to the dealer to see if clearing the learned data helps.

Is the OBDlink MX+ the best bet? Just curious if there are cheaper ones that work fine. I have a different obd Bluetooth module that I use on my jeep but it doesn't work with iOS and I keep an old android phone around to use the torque app on my jeep. (Never mind on the OBDLink question...I read up on the FORScan website)

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a delay in 3-4 and 7-8, maybe I should try this before going to the dealer to see if clearing the learned data helps.

Is the OBDlink MX+ the best bet? Just curious if there are cheaper ones that work fine. I have a different obd Bluetooth module that I use on my jeep but it doesn't work with iOS and I keep an old android phone around to use the torque app on my jeep. (Never mind on the OBDLink question...I read up on the FORScan website)
I restarted the adaptive learning feature, but I put premium gas into the tank and use Sport mode. I feel the 4 to 3 delayed shift issue is gone. At least I don't feel it no matter how I brake the vehicle. It's only been a couple of days, so I can't conclude. Anyway, I've noticed the transmission doesn't jump over gears anymore with sport mode.

LegalBrief

Reaction score
Following the advice of user bmpcamry09, I just switched this feature back on yesterday. But still keep using the 2WD sport mode and premium gas. For start/stop, I would recommend 4D tech eliminator, it works very well on my vehicle. Just need to check the connectors, if something weird happens, to make sure they are not loose.
Why would you need to check the connectors on the eliminator? They just plug into the factory wiring and lock in place. I can see checking it in 5 years if snow and mud.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would you need to check the connectors on the eliminator? They just plug into the factory wiring and lock in place. I can see checking it in 5 years if snow and mud.

Check it only if weird things happen. My lower connector was not tightly locked. I do not remember if I heard the click sound back to my first installation in last December. I did hear the click sound this time in last week, though. By the way, the eliminator is inside the cabin close to passenger's right foot. Snow and mud wouldn't affect it but speed bumps or potholes do.