I want to lock my keys inside without triggering the alarm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidC

Reaction score
When I go camping I want to sleep inside my Exp, with my keys, and lock the doors. But about 30 seconds after I lock the doors the alarm starts. Does anyone know how to circumvent this?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it happen both when you hit the locks on the door and the fob, either way? When I’ve slept in my Expedition EL at the cabin (when full house) I just lock the doors on the switch. If I lock them via fob the alarm sounds if I open the door to get out.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’re setting off the motion alarm. There’s a setting in the gauge cluster to disable that.

Vehicle
Advanced Settings
Alarm

I believe.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you turn off the car the alarm options pop up in the instrument cluster. You can disable the motion detector there. I think the option is called perimeter. The motion detectors will default to on the next time you start the car.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you turn off the car the alarm options pop up in the instrument cluster. You can disable the motion detector there. I think the option is called perimeter. The motion detectors will default to on the next time you start the car.

Mine doesn’t. You can select the option for it not to prompt and then you’ll never see the pop-up on shut off again...so you need to know how to get into the menu.

Last edited:

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t. You can select the option for it not to prompt on shut off and then you’ll never see the pop-up on shut off again...so you need to know how to get into the menu.

Ah, I didn't realize you could disable the prompt. For anyone who has it enabled still, this is what I'm talking about (see below). Select 'Perimeter Sensing' and it'll disable the motion detector.

alarm.jpeg

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t. You can select the option for it not to prompt and then you’ll never see the pop-up on shut off again...so you need to know how to get into the menu.
I didn't realize you could disable the prompt either... I see it every time i shut off the car and I am still inside...

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can use a hidden RRFID case. That way the vehicle will not start if someone gets inside.