Instrument Cluster Diagnostics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I was messing around on the internet, I came along an article explaining how on the 99 and up mustangs, the digital odometer gauge can also be used for different purposes. When following the right steps, you can find different things like diagnostic codes, test all of your dash lights, oil pressure, digital speedometer and tach, and more!

Since I had to move my truck just now, I went out to try it and it also worked on mine. I had no idea that you were able to do that, but I thought it was pretty cool. I'm not sure how many of you know this or not, but here is the link that I looked at, and it was the same procedure on my 99 expedition.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm

Zerick

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:party36::secret::head3:

thats cool... but I like my edge cs... wish I had this info last year b4 the edge

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats cool. to bad i dont have a digital cluster. old round numbers. i like it. you can see how many miles with out turning it on. and one less thing to break. haa

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get my edge this summer too. I kind of wish I had the mechanical odometer too, I still have to fix my intermittent problem. Maybe I'll do that when I get around to changing the cluster lights. . .