Looking for a 1-3" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08montana

Reaction score
I have rear load-leveling on my 2008 Eddie Bauer, I do a lot of off pavement driving to get to trail heads here in Montana, and I need just a little bit of extra clearance to go on a few of the trails. Is it possible to lift with the stock air suspension in the rear? Would adding a couple inch body lift to the front be enough? Would the rear air suspension adequately compensate for the front if I was to do that? I already have slightly over-sized tires on to give a little bit extra clearance but I need more. Let me know what you guys think.

71Bronco

Reaction score
That may be too much for the air bags to handle putting a spacer on it.i wouldn't do a body lift due to the mods your encounter with the reservoirs and lines attached to the body being stressed. I would maybe consider coil over conversion and do a spacer lift. Yeah you'll lose some comfort but if your off road a lot you probably won't care. I did a 3/2 lift spacer from Traxx and I cost me less than 250 with labor and material to have a shop do it. I love it

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can do a coilover conversion for that much lift.
You can do a front leveling kit (strut spacers)
There is another post on here from a guy who lifted the rear air suspension by modifying the sensors with all thread and new clips. Seems pretty straightforward if you're handy. Search for it.
I did a front leveling kit and fit 33.5" Goodyear duratraks