Miles until it's dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bessie

Reaction score
I was told by no less than 3 people today (while at the shop getting two new hoses put on) that my truck will be falling apart & in pieces any moment now. That a Ford Expedition was never meant to have 135,000 miles.

So aside from replacing the a/c, I had those two hoses put on today and never another repair.

These people have me worried now. What kind of mileage is reasonable to expect? Jerks! I don't need any jinxing of my fabulous vehicle! :)

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most people dont take their vehicle in till something is broke so thats all the mechanics have to go on. if they would address the problem at the first sign of the problem it wouldnt be so bad. alot of people think they can just hop in and go and dont take care of their vehicle, so of course thing are going to break.

every car my mom has had, had over 200,000. She even had a 95 chevy 1500 with the 4.3 v6 with over 300,000! and the worst thing that it had was the ac compressor locked up.

Basically what im trying to say is that every automaker in every model line is going to have some kind of gremlin, its inevitable with mechanical things.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I would say if you take care of it you can get over 300K... I'm only at 98K but don't drive mine that much anymore... bought a car for a daily driver

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All Fords are lucky to break 100k with no problems. The older models, anyway.

That was any automaker before about 99! There was no quality american automobile before then in my opinion! Especially American cars!

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was told by no less than 3 people today (while at the shop getting two new hoses put on) that my truck will be falling apart & in pieces any moment now. That a Ford Expedition was never meant to have 135,000 miles.

So aside from replacing the a/c, I had those two hoses put on today and never another repair.

These people have me worried now. What kind of mileage is reasonable to expect? Jerks! I don't need any jinxing of my fabulous vehicle! :)

I hate to say it but they're right. Mine fell apart at 140,000 miles and I maintained it as well as possible.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well like allot of other people in the forum i am very happy with my Expy! im the 3rd owner and its still going strong!

And from now on the only American automaker i will buy from is Ford because they weren't begging for a hand out! I watched alot of the hearings, Chrysler and Chevy are pitiful and should be ashamed of them selves!

MSFoster

Reaction score
And from now on the only American automaker i will buy from is Ford because they weren't begging for a hand out! I watched alot of the hearings, Chrysler and Chevy are pitiful and should be ashamed of them selves!

Preach it brother I've been a chevy guy all my life but after they became Government Motors I want nothing to do with them I'm already supporting them with my tax dollars I'm not giving them anymore of my money(new ones anyway the G-bodies will always have a special place in my heart)!!! I got a great deal on my 00 expy and I want two more just like it I LOVE IT and it's got 174K on it only just recently had a major problem with it and it was my fault.