New LED bulbs= no heated/cooled seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptguy0618

Reaction score
So I added some new LED turn signals and brake light bulbs on my 13’ expy. I do have the hyper flash which I plan to add resistors for. Now seemingly after installing them my heated and cooled seats don’t work. You push them, the light stays on for a second and then nothing. Could adding these bulbs have caused this?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I added some new LED turn signals and brake light bulbs on my 13’ expy. I do have the hyper flash which I plan to add resistors for. Now seemingly after installing them my heated and cooled seats don’t work. You push them, the light stays on for a second and then nothing. Could adding these bulbs have caused this?

Adding non-OEM LED bulbs to many vehicles causes all sorts of electrical issues.

Your issue should be simple - return to the OEM incandescent bulbs and see if that fixes the issue?

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you go for the load resistors, fit them somewhere with lots of cooling air. The load resistors are supposed to only draw current (and heat up) when the indicators are used, but as you rear indicator lights are the brake lights, it means you have to put the load resistor on the brake light circuit. This means whenever the brakes are on (far more often than the indicators) the load resistors will get hot, so you need to give the resistors a really good air flow with this model of car.. it’s the reason I didn’t convert the rear brake light bulbs to indicators, it avoids the hyper flash and the load resistors aren’t needed.

OP
OP
P

ptguy0618

Reaction score
So I just went ahead and put the OEM bulbs back in, and the heated/cooled seats are still not working. Any other thoughts?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Switching to LED's should not have caused this issue. Try using forscan with the correct adapter to disable hyperflash & check what codes are stored relating to your heated/cooled seats. You could also try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to see if that fixes the issue.