No key detected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandmanuva

Reaction score
I have a 2018 where it is randomly, but frequently, reporting no key detected on the dash and not starting. This happens in multiple locations that are unpredictable. If it is started already, it will sometimes not allow me to shift out of park. This is happening with both keys and both have had batteries replaced.

The fix is to turn the car off and press the lock then unlock buttons on the keys. The car will respond by locking, then unlocking and will then happily start.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that it seems to happen sometimes if the car is in park and one of the kids slams the door too hard. The car stops recognizing the key and I have to do the turn off, lock, unlock trick. I can’t recreate this though.

Remote start works, liftgate, etc. all from far away.

Any ideas?

Deep8174

Reaction score
When was the last time you changed the batteries?

Edit: I just realized you changed the batteries.

Could be interference with something going on nearby.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know you changed the batteries, but mine used to do that every once in a while. I changed the batteries in both fobs and haven't seen it since. Perhaps the replacement batteries are weak?

OP
OP
S

Sandmanuva

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I thought interference, but it doesn’t seem to be happening in the same locations and is too frequent to be normal. I tried changing the batteries twice, but it was from the same four pack. I’ll try getting a fully fresh set to see if that helps.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I thought interference, but it doesn’t seem to be happening in the same locations and is too frequent to be normal. I tried changing the batteries twice, but it was from the same four pack. I’ll try getting a fully fresh set to see if that helps.
Get a good name brand. No dollar store cheap things

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt