painting fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
make sure you sand them good and give them somthing to stick to, my duplicolor stuff is peeling soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad right now, it even brung up the original gold!!!:flame:

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that is one of my concerns is durability... dont want to go to shows and have to bring some rattle cans with me.... but I am doing plenty of research before I attempt this... plus still have 2 feet of snow and haven't even seen 40s in last 4 months....lol so I got a while... maybe when I take my boat out i can put expy in garage and paint and sand it....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
40s? damn the low here is high 40s! haha well it did hail last night! snow in the mountains! cant wait to go! but i'm thinking about bedlining my rear bumper. the chrome and black. would that look good? and how would i get/ it to stick? take it off and sand the fudge out of it and spray primer and bedliner? and clear or no clear?

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ask Dgray69... he painted his chrome black... I think he just scuffed the hell out of it and then painted it... I would do that but add self-etching primer before the paint

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
40s? damn the low here is high 40s! haha well it did hail last night! snow in the mountains! cant wait to go! but i'm thinking about bedlining my rear bumper. the chrome and black. would that look good? and how would i get/ it to stick? take it off and sand the fudge out of it and spray primer and bedliner? and clear or no clear?

That's what I want to do. Just worried about it staying on the chrome. Let me know if you find some info.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my bedliner has officially peeled off like crazy, im sticking with 400 grit-600 grit- self etching primer- krylon fusion (2 coats)- and clear. done, and clean looking too. the bedliner was hard to dry when i took it to the car wash and the spray paint is cleaner looking in the first place

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
new plan, im going to paint them the color of the car! sonic blue pearlcoat! when the weather decides to cooperate:3812292670_93b52142

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i painted all the tan trim on mine black with rustoleum professional series paint...

i pulled the fender flares off the rig, did the rest on the truck... sanded them really well and used self etching primer... held up thru this last winter with no peeling im happy with it so far

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the self-etching primer helped.... hmmm might have to try that... I was thinking of using some adhesion promoter that has a flex additive... such as bulldog.... but self-etching is cheaper...