**Please help** P0306 CYLINDER 6 MISFIRE ISSUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dav3455

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 03 expo with a 5.4l engine, last night I started getting the misfire issue on cylinder 6, now my problem is that I just replace the serpentine belt last week and Im just a regular guy trying to save a buck on repair and do them myself. I dont have much experience but trying my best.

Now im thinking but can the misfire be due to replacing the belt? was I suppose to put it on a particular position like timing belts? not to sure. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Of course I was planning on taking the trip down to Disney in 2 month with all the kids but now Im a bit worried if the truck will have any issues.

Marvo75

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm new here myself but everything I've read will tell you to check the plug and coil on the cylinder..Replacing the belt would not have made that happen. I hear water is the ENEMY to the coil pack things...Did you wash your engine? I'm sure someone here can help you,these guys know there stuff lol..

OP
OP
D

dav3455

Reaction score
I'm new here myself but everything I've read will tell you to check the plug and coil on the cylinder..Replacing the belt would not have made that happen. I hear water is the ENEMY to the coil pack things...Did you wash your engine? I'm sure someone here can help you,these guys know there stuff lol..

Hi Marvo and thanks for the reply, havnt wash the engine but I think as well it could be the COP or plugs since the truck has about 116k on it already. I was also told that it could also be the cracked insulator, but not to sure :(

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Marvo and thanks for the reply, havnt wash the engine but I think as well it could be the COP or plugs since the truck has about 116k on it already. I was also told that it could also be the cracked insulator, but not to sure :(

Remove one of your other coils to number 6 (swap them), clear the codes and see if the code changes, that will let you know if the coil is bad.

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 03 expo with a 5.4l engine, last night I started getting the misfire issue on cylinder 6, now my problem is that I just replace the serpentine belt last week and Im just a regular guy trying to save a buck on repair and do them myself. I dont have much experience but trying my best.

Now im thinking but can the misfire be due to replacing the belt? was I suppose to put it on a particular position like timing belts? not to sure. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Of course I was planning on taking the trip down to Disney in 2 month with all the kids but now Im a bit worried if the truck will have any issues.

I am no expert in Expeditions but I know for a fact that the coils go out and it will just keep going out until you change them. I have a 97 and my bro had a 01 and my bro in law had an 2000 Expy, and they all had the same problem as you and once we placed one, the others would go out. Best thing to do is buy all 8 coils and have them replaced. Thats what myself and my bro did and they didnt have any problems after that. Its a common problem.

Here is link to best deal i could find online and they arrived fast. It cost me about $120 for installation. Plus $219 delivered. Not bad becus you wont have to deal with it again. Heres is link

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...ls/Brand/ACCEL/?keyword=Expedition+coil+plugs

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i herd some people bought ebay coils and they are just as good. but its most likely a coil. very common problem. my last one went out from a heater hose leaking coolant on it. so ford fixed the hole and the coil. dont remember how much it cost but good thing i dont have kids. i think if next one goes out im going to have them replace all the other ones that arnt replaced yet.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do a search on ebay you can get all 8 coils for around 100$... mine have been in since this summer and no problems... i'll have to look for the company I ordered from but do a google search for "ebay coils for f150 or expedition" lots of forums discuss the use on f150s and thats how I found mine

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
found it look up "Global Automotive" they are on ebay and their customer service was great and good COPs

OP
OP
D

dav3455

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help, it was the COP which I repalce and all is good to go now. thanks for the help.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a side note, if you haven't replaced your plugs since the truck was new, you should really consider doung that. 116k miles is pushing it for spark plugs...