Slow Window Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in speeding up a slow window without replacing parts? I'm assuming you can clean up and regrease the regulator and parts, but does the repair last or does it just gum up again when the weather becomes cold? Is it worth doing this, or should I just replace the regulator?

Last edited:

GaryB

Reaction score
I just bought my expy about 2 months ago. I noticed in the service records from the previous owner, that she had complained about this, and they had replaced the motor and guts on both front doors. It still seemed slow to me, so I took a can of silicone spray and hit the vertical jambs the window rubs on while working the window up and down. That helped a bunch. Maybe it will help yours.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4. Since new, the two rear door power windows are the slowest windows to go up and down of any car I’ve ever owned (and I’ve been driving for 50 years now....).

Reaction score
Have any of you tried silicone spray in the window tracks. I had this complaint early on when my vehicle was under warranty and all the dealer did was Grease the tracks. So I started doing it once or twice a year. My truck is now 11 years old and I haven't had to replace any motors yet.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My windows slowed down then stopped working (one of the cables broke (it had rusted)). I made up a new cable to replace it but then noticed after the repair that it still operated very slowly. I applied silicon grease to the runners and lubed the cables and everything worked much better, so I did the same greasing to the 3 other windows!! that was more than a year ago and all windows still work great and no other cables have broken. It doesn't take long to spray the silicon grease on the runners and open/close the windows a few times, so I would suggest trying it as you have nothing to lose!!

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score