UK oil equiv of XO-5W30-QSP or XO-5W30-QFS or WSS-M2C946-A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
How hard can oil be? This is my third Expedition that I've brought to the UK and never had a probem getting oil here before. I've seen warnings about getting the wrong oil or ones that are not up to spec, or can even cause harm, so I thought I'd check with you experts out there :)

My local oil change centres won't even supply something in case they screw up!

Basically it's a 5W-30 but the Ford recommended ones (in the title) are not avail here. I can get things like this:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/engine-oils?Size_-_Ltr=5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009E9FVW0/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_MWkLDbRABQ5X0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=5w-30+5l&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Obviously just want to get something suitable without breaking the bank. Dunno anything about oil sadly (well olive oil maybe but that's a whole other forum! :))

Thanks for any help
Rgds
Mike (Dr Effingpot)

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
Sadly no I can't - if you click that link it says no sellers will ship it to the UK.
I don't want to buy from the USA anyway - it costs an arm and a leg to ship it, hence why I'm trying to buy locally.
Plus I need around 6L of of the stuff :)
Rgds
Mike

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see the Euro Parts has Mobil 1 and Shell and Castro. I really do not think you can go wrong with any of those brands.Maybe you can research a little against US specs and come up with something compatible.There is a guy I think that goes by (The Oil Gru) on You Tube who does his own tests on oil maybe he could give you a hand.He has tested Oil,Filters. ETC.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5w30 is a problem? Why?

Wait....were you the guy with the oddball V8 '15?

Because Ford never did recommend 5w30 full synth for this one in the first place.

Some of us did, but in the context of NOT using what Ford recommends. And NOT using Ford oils.

Large brand 5w30 synthetic should be fine though... mobil or shell or whatever

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
Yeah I'm the "oddball V8" guy. The XO-5W30-QSP or XO-5W30-QFS or WSS-M2C946-A is right out of the owners manual that came with it (which seems to tie in the the rest of the vehicle). I think I'm gonna go for the decent brand 5W30 unelss anyone here comes up with a good reason not to :)

Maybe I should change my username from "effingpot" to "oddball"!

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I miss informed you the. Its Bob the oil guy.He has a website he does all sorts of testing on oil and filters. Sorry