Window Sticker mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check this thread out as well. A max owner posted his sticker with wheel base (WB)

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It doesn’t necessarily mean that it was in an accident and the wrong panel was installed. My friend had ordered an 86 GT Mustang new and it came in without the matte black hood decal and it had an LX badge on the rear lift gate. The rest of the car was all GT equipment like it should be. In 86 they hadn’t started offering the 5.0 engine in an LX trim yet like they eventually did in the later 80’s. It was a flat out factory mistake. I also had a 85 Chrysler ( I think it was a New Yorker) come off the car carrier new into my stall (when I worked as a Ford and Chrysler new car prep tech) that had a Turbo badge on the drivers side fender and not the passenger side. I popped the hood and that car had no turbo package so I removed the badge with a heat gun before it got to the customer. My point being is the factory’s do make mistakes or at least they did back in the 80’s.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anything is possible but the factory misbuilding a vehicle is highly unlikely nowadays.

I wish the OP would chime in again but it seems he's long gone now that he knows he really doesn't have a Max.

OP
OP
C

CJBoom

Reaction score
Anything is possible but the factory misbuilding a vehicle is highly unlikely nowadays.

I wish the OP would chime in again but it seems he's long gone now that he knows he really doesn't have a Max.
Still here. I went through everything and even had a friend of mine who runs a body shop look at the vehicle. It has definitely not been in an accident and so either that trim was damaged and the previous owner replaced it or it just came that way from the factory. I pulled the MAX lettering off the back and it was affixed as it would be from the factory as well. I think it was just a mistake at the factory.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still here. I went through everything and even had a friend of mine who runs a body shop look at the vehicle. It has definitely not been in an accident and so either that trim was damaged and the previous owner replaced it or it just came that way from the factory. I pulled the MAX lettering off the back and it was affixed as it would be from the factory as well. I think it was just a mistake at the factory.
Yea, could be the trim got damaged and was replaced with the incorrect piece. Good to hear there was no accidents.