Windshield mounding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
IMG_6484a.JPG Just had my windshield replaced (36" horizontal crack).

To avoid trolling the Lowes and Home Depot parking lots stalking Expedition windshields does this molding installation look right? Seems to stick up high but seems secure. (Penny for scale.)

-- Chuck

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 42485 Just had my windshield replaced (36" horizontal crack).

To avoid trolling the Lowes and Home Depot parking lots stalking Expedition windshields does this molding installation look right? Seems to stick up high but seems secure. (Penny for scale.)

-- Chuck
Just went out and looked at mine and believe yours is ok. Have you had it on the highway yet?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

-- Chuck

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new - I looked at the molding (both sides) and it looks like yours.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

-- Chuck

Who did the work? Respected shop or Safelite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Safelite. They're not respected? Seemed competent,

-- Chuck

Several bad experiences with them. I used to do glass installs. Fixed a bunch of their botched installs. Completely depends on the Tech you get though.

I always go with a respected local family shop. Typically the experience is better. Smileys is my shop of choice in the RVA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk