2011 Expedition backup camera blurry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAFordExp

Reaction score
My backup camera on my 2011 Expedition started getting blurry for some time and then it just went black. I removed it and opened up the case and it was corroded inside. Shopped for a new camera and bought a new one online from China. After several weeks it arrived and after I installed it the picture was blurry. I notified the seller and they refunded my money so I ordered another new one from a different seller. This one was also blurry and I could find no info online about this problem. I checked all my wiring connections and finally solved the problem by unscrewing the camera from the housing a turn or so and the image started to clear up. Turns out the focal length is off on the new replacement cameras. I had my wife hold the brake and put it in reverse while I unscrewed the camera just to the right focal point and then applied sealant to the camera where it screws in to the case. Problem Solved! Picture is clear.