2013 expedition 5.4 acceleration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badabing86

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I currently been trying to fix my issue with my expo. I have very sluggish acceleration, anything over 2600 rpm it will throw a p0301 code. I have replace spark plugs and coils packs. No other codes show other than flashing p0301. Anyone else have this issue and replace anything else to find a fix? Should next be replacing fuel injector ?

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possibly a cracked intake manifold? Would be normal under low RPM/load, and once the RPM climbs and it demands more air, it gets starved.
Check for cracks around the base for that cylinder, and the tubing that goes up to the top/middle of the manifold.

It would be good to also check the fuel pressure at the rail. There should be a schrader valve on the rail, where you can attach a mechanical gauge. If not, then it is most likely a sensor that can be read via the OBD II Port.

I would run a compression test on that cylinder, for good measure...

- Joe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I currently been trying to fix my issue with my expo. I have very sluggish acceleration, anything over 2600 rpm it will throw a p0301 code. I have replace spark plugs and coils packs. No other codes show other than flashing p0301. Anyone else have this issue and replace anything else to find a fix? Should next be replacing fuel injector ?
You could switch injectors between two cylinders. Buy a few new O rings before you do so. If that does not change the code, try swapping coil packs.

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently replaced the fuel filter on my '07 and it was like a whole new engine.

As for the misfire, I have a few in-depth replies on how to diagnose it. Coils, plugs, compression test, wiring & connectors; these all will cause a misfire code.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't P0301 code specific to cylinder #1? Trying swapping coils and or plugs with #2 cylinder and see if the code changes to P0302.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3