2013 Trans Cooler upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nater

Reaction score
Hi all. This is perfect fit for 2013 Expy. I suspect it fits quite a few other years as well. I had to cut the top hose 2.5" but the retaining bracket actually fits this cooler better than the stock cooler, it's crazy!

Joe S

Reaction score
Genius! I just ordered one and the cooler will be in tomorrow...Trans guys wanted to sell me an aftermarket Trucool but if this Ford OEM unit fits like a glove and in the same brackets as stock. Its a no brainer!! Thank you so much for posting this upgrade

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could also order a 2007-2009/2015-2017 Expedition HD tow transmission cooler. The 07-09 and 15-17s use the bigger 7 row cooler same part #. Though the Raptors is even bigger.

Last edited:

Joe S

Reaction score
You could also order a 2007-2009/2015-2017 Expedition HD tow transmission cooler. The 07-09 and 15-17s use the bigger 7 row cooler same part #. Though the Raptors is even bigger.
Yep, I thought of that too...but in the end, I decided to go with the Raptor cooler because it gives me a little more cooling capacity than the one you mentioned but all great additions nonetheless

Joe S

Reaction score
Hi all. This is perfect fit for 2013 Expy. I suspect it fits quite a few other years as well. I had to cut the top hose 2.5" but the retaining bracket actually fits this cooler better than the stock cooler, it's crazy!
I suspect it be exactly the same fit as mine since you have a '13 and I have a '12...only question I have is the instructions state cut the hose about 1 1/2 inches and you mentioned 2.5 inches....so is it because they are talking about another application/vehicle for the 1 1/2"??

Joe S

Reaction score
Thanks to your suggestion about adding the 2010-2014 Ford Raptor Trans cooler....I installed it today and it fit perfect...

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don't happen to remember the part number do you? When I click on the link if won't pull anything up on my end.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get a page not found.Notice when I click on your link. I wanted to look at You're a thread simply because my wife Has a twenty thirteen king ranch with just over fifty five thousand on it. I.
Would say that we live in the Mojave where it does get a tad warm here from time to time, Yet she has never had an overheating issue even when allowing it to idle while sitting in a mcdonald's. Years ago I had an F350 dually with the famous 7.3. The transmission was the weak spot in that drive train And the part of the reason was the pathetic Is transmission cooler in that vehicle. The much maligned 6.0 had two to choose from and I got one at a very reasonable price from a dealership in Minnesota or michigan if I recall correctly.