2019 Successful Beach trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmk1

Reaction score
Just made a trip to Florida and back from north Arkansas. I was a little worried hauling my family with two small kids that far with my sketchy history, but I’m here to say we were so pleased and expy ran great.

For the entire trip, over 1500 miles, I got 19.8 and on the way back I got 21.8.

For the most part I did just use regular gas but I put premium in a few times just to see. It definitely raised the mpgs but I didn’t nerd out enough to really out pencil to paper to see if it was worth it.

I should note that on the way down I had a soft sided luggage rack that I am sure lowered my mpg some, but I didn’t have it on the way back bc we were able to throw some crap in family members rig to avoid it.

All in all this is why we purchased this vehicle. Have plenty of room for 2 car seats, lots of beach S*** because my wife feels the need to pack the entire house, and still be very comfortable.

Here’s to hoping she continues to treat us good after I hope we got all the bugs worked out in the first few months.
Cam phasers, thermostat, heater core hoses, A/C repaired, and I’m sure I’m missing something :)

This forum has been invaluable and I wish I could buy you all a beer for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpeg
    IMG_5084.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5086.jpeg
    IMG_5086.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
B

bmk1

Reaction score
The Expy was made for road trips!

You neglected to mention new expy? Used? Trim level?
Did you have Cam phasers, thermostat, heater core hoses, A/C repaired? Or anticipating?
Sorry, 2019 limited 4wd. I had all those things replaced basically immediately after purchasing with 72k miles.

OP
OP
B

bmk1

Reaction score
Transmission rebuild. Eeek! :oops:

Here's hoping not, but... :rolleyes:

Awesome on pulling off the big family trip. I suggest the mountains next time. ;)
Im praying we avoid that one..

Mountains will come when the kids are old enough to appreciate it. 1 year old and 4 year old like the sand and water for now. And I don’t mind sitting there drinking beer all day either :)

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are located in a beautiful area of the country, one of the places I like to visit with my motorcycles. I grew up in Florida so the beach has always been a bit "Meh" to me, but I get that people enjoy it. I've got a 2019 limited 4x4 as well and I can tell you that you should also put Utah in on your plans as well. The Expedition is very capable at getting grownups and kids out in the absolute middle of nowhere as long as you pay attention to the trial ratings and don't get too stupid.

20221121_131708-X2.jpg

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s a great photo of the Expy in the river. We’re heading to Utah from Ontario this weekend with our 30’ camper and I’m stoked.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s a great photo of the Expy in the river. We’re heading to Utah from Ontario this weekend with our 30’ camper and I’m stoked.
That sounds amazing, and the weather should be getting about perfect. Post pics for sure. I hope that camper will be sitting in the middle of nowhere.