2020 AC Not Blowing Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ERNursebev72

Reaction score
Hello There!

About a week ago, the battery died. I had it charged back up and it started fine. But now the AC is not blowing cold. It was working perfectly fine prior to that - blowing cold and hard air.

Issue:
Blowing and hearing compressor click. No cold air. Also a increase/decrease in fan speed on deceleration/acceleration.

Things checked:
Reset the BMS
Reset the SYNC system
Pulled out Fuse 32 that belongs to AC Clutch - intact

I am looking at the fuse diagram and don't see anything else that is obvious that could be AC.

I am a nurse so I can help bring people back to life, but I am also a woman. I prefer to try to figure these things out on my own before taking it to a mechanic and spending more than I need to.

It has 60K miles no previous issues.
Engine 3.5L GTDI

Ideas?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello There!

About a week ago, the battery died. I had it charged back up and it started fine. But now the AC is not blowing cold. It was working perfectly fine prior to that - blowing cold and hard air.

Issue:
Blowing and hearing compressor click. No cold air. Also a increase/decrease in fan speed on deceleration/acceleration.

Things checked:
Reset the BMS
Reset the SYNC system

I am looking at the fuse diagram and don't see anything else that is obvious that could be AC.

I am a nurse so I can help bring people back to life, but I am also a woman. I prefer to try to figure these things out on my own before taking it to a mechanic and spending more than I need to.

Engine 3.5L GTDI

Ideas?

I’d bet you have a bad battery and/or loose or corroded battery terminals and connectors.

OP
OP
E

ERNursebev72

Reaction score
It died because it got drained from a secondary battery onboard that runs a refrigerator that gets charged when running my vehicle from the alternator. I was supposed to turn it off when I parked for a week and forgot. So once the onboard battery died - it started running off the car battery and depleted it. Once it was jumped off, they are both working fine. The ford battery is only 6 months old and was purchased new.

OP
OP
E

ERNursebev72

Reaction score
If the battery is cranking now and the blower and compressor are running fine - how can the battery be the problem? Just trying to link it all together.

VCFP153

Reaction score
Hello There!

Issue:

Things checked:
Reset the BMS
Reset the SYNC system

Engine 3.5L GTDI

Ideas?

Interior temp sensor?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the battery is cranking now and the blower and compressor are running fine - how can the battery be the problem? Just trying to link it all together.

I have seen many batteries damaged from being discharged fully, then jump started and / or charged.

Years ago, batteries lasted a long time and could be repeatedly discharged and recharged, and keep going. No longer.

You may have a damaged cell that is causing intermittent electrical issues. New vehicles (loaded with sensors, computers, modules, etc.) are very sensitive to battery issues.

I wish you luck. Keep us updated on what you determine.