2021 FX4 Tranny problems STILL after CDF fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Shumway

Reaction score
So…tranny still pops out of gear on the freeway while cruising then giving it gas to pass! The CDF swap fixed it for a while but the problem is back! Anyone know what the next step is?
Thanks

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First thing I would try is to reset the Transmission adaptive learning.
If that doesn't work, I would take it back to the dealer, show them the TSB and your symptoms, and see what they say...

Joe

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer most certainly would have reset the tranny learning sequence after doing the cdf drum work, doubt that will do anything. If its repeatable, record a video of it, and/or have them go on a ride along with you. I would think the next step would be a new tranny, but they may make you try two or three other things, like a full valve body, etc.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new cdf drum was probably also bad from the manufacturer and or not the new updated one being lroduced now?

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's highly likely when it did that, that a fault code was stored. I'd have the dealer check to see if anything is in there. I know when I took mine in for the rebuild, mine was full of fault codes. I'm having similar issues post rebuild and need to schedule time to take it by. It's also intermittent, I can't actually make it do it, but it surprises me from time to time. Curious to see where yours goes.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So…tranny still pops out of gear on the freeway while cruising then giving it gas to pass! The CDF swap fixed it for a while but the problem is back! Anyone know what the next step is?
Thanks
My 2019 is still acting up after CDF replacement, it was fine for awhile and is now shifting poorly. It goes in Tuesday, hopefully for a full replacement. Been waiting 7 weeks for this appt since we had the "reflash" done as was required....

OP
OP
D

Doug Shumway

Reaction score
The dealer most certainly would have reset the tranny learning sequence after doing the cdf drum work, doubt that will do anything. If it’s repeatable, record a video of it, and/or have them go on a ride along with you. I would think the next step would be a new tranny, but they may make you try two or three other things, like a full valve body, etc.
Yeah…just wondering if a NEW tranny will be any better? Just wondering if anyone else has had to go this route? It sucks because this thing only has 34,000 miles on it!