2021 FX4 Tranny problems STILL after CDF fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is absolutely criminal that transmissions are failing in low mile conditions. Does anyone know if these problems have been resolved on 2024 Expy's or is it still ongoing?

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, considering that the older vehicles are being rebuilt with the new parts that should be the same ones in the 2024 models, and still having issues post rebuild...

Guess we'll have to wait till more of the 2024 models have 30-50K on them to see.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is interesting. I tried comparing transmission parts from 2020 and 2024 Expedition Limited on Tasca Parts, but no 2024 parts were listed, so I compared 2023 and 2020 and the Valve Bodies are different part numbers. Additionally some of the solenoids show as discontinued. Maybe, just maybe they are improving what (at least to me) seems to be a disastrous product quality / customer satisfaction situation.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit on the sidelines and keep my 3 existing full size SUVs.

1725114564969.png

Last edited:

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trans is “toast” according to the dealer, they’re getting approval from ford to install a crate factory remanned transmission (still under factory power train) Should know by end of week.
New crate transmission approved and on order from Ford. 3-4 weeks until install.