2025 Expedition details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan8252

Reaction score
I reached out to a local dealer and was advised that they are expecting the new Expedition "is supposed to be available to see online around summertime". Of course "around summertime" includes September, when the 2024 F150 was released. I was hoping for something more concrete but am not surprised with the answer. He also said he expects them to hit dealer lots around December.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The build date is in July I believe so June or July is when they will probably be revealed

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was in blue oval forums they posted it in on of the product information update threads but it was posted sometime last year

BlakeMAX2019

Reaction score
They can shove all those screens up their @$$. I have absolutely zero interest in that. If they fixed the 2 decade old rear suspension, I might consider one. Until then, they can keep their electronic nightmares.

I've been buying older used cars, because I absolutely hate this screen garbage. All the screens do is lag and lag and force you to menu surf.
I’m with you, the screens do not age well! Look at any car even just a few years old and the screens look like a console TV from the 80s. Many cars, the screens look like an afterthought, just plopping a big ol screen blocking half the windshield just cause the company knew they had to add one. Our 2019 screen looks completely out of date.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m with you, the screens do not age well! Look at any car even just a few years old and the screens look like a console TV from the 80s. Many cars, the screens look like an afterthought, just plopping a big ol screen blocking half the windshield just cause the company knew they had to add one. Our 2019 screen looks completely out of date.

I'm not a fan of the screen(s) arrangement in the spy shots. If they are true, I think GM's design/execution for 2025 will be a lot better:

1719775007533.png

They retain buttons for the climate control as well as move the shifter back to the steering column (as a digital/electronic shifter).

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured one of the pluses of the dash wide screen is that you wouldn't need to touch the screen to be able to see all data. You can have the nav up, audio screen up, vehicle info up without toggling and touching the screen. Yea it would be nice to access hvac controls with a button, but for some reason, noone likes using the voice controls to work the hvac.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured one of the pluses of the dash wide screen is that you wouldn't need to touch the screen to be able to see all data. You can have the nav up, audio screen up, vehicle info up without toggling and touching the screen. Yea it would be nice to access hvac controls with a button, but for some reason, noone likes using the voice controls to work the hvac.

This seems more like a rendering and we won't know for sure until we receive something official from Ford. Do I need to have doubles of the navigation screen and audio/music screen? Do I need an analog representation of the clock that is a tablet size? Some of it just seems a bit silly.

1719847246445.png

Although I don't expect much changes throughout the rest of the cab for the Expedition or the GM T1XX platform. Expedition has better seats and more flexible seat configurations. We finally test drove the Sierra 1500 and Yukon XL this weekend. The T1XX chassis does handle better than the Expedition chassis.

I have to admit that I really liked the baby Duramax powertrain. It was far more refined than I had expected.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got wifey a 24 nautilus and really like the dash layout like above. There's only a handful of widgets for the right half. Very relaxing and peaceful. Non round steering wheel takes a bit to get used to. Wish there were more apps.

I hope this tech makes it into the 25 plat. The google system is so much better than traditional sync.

The deal breaker for me is going to be the rear hatch. If it is different from now, and more like a pickup with a fold down lower half, I'm going to get something non ford.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got wifey a 24 nautilus and really like the dash layout like above. There's only a handful of widgets for the right half. Very relaxing and peaceful. Non round steering wheel takes a bit to get used to. Wish there were more apps.

I hope this tech makes it into the 25 plat. The google system is so much better than traditional sync.

The deal breaker for me is going to be the rear hatch. If it is different from now, and more like a pickup with a fold down lower half, I'm going to get something non ford.
Why is that?