30" light bar installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wire harness was a pain for me, granted, I didn't raise the vehicle and remove the wheels. I ended up prying it off of it's mount so I could better get at the connectors release tabs. I suppose I could have tried to get at it from under the front of the bumper as well, but then you get a face full of dirt.

Oh yeah, I didn't remove the wheels, but I had them full **** to the right, which gave me just enough room. I also found it nice to have magnetic sockets for a couple of these (the forward facing bolts).

All in all, this was one of the easiest bumper skins to remove in my lifetime (which also scares me lol).

On a side note, I really don't like the open cavities in this thing. I removed my lower air damn as I didn't like how it looked, but holy toledo, the number of open cavities front and back on this thing, and the mount of dirt, sand, and snow that piles up in these things. How stupid. I don't care if you give us plastic panels, I want these things to be more closed off... Anyone else notice this?

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That big wire harness on the front left corner of the bumper was super simple to remove. Its literally a bail handle and it comes apart.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a Pavement Princess, it can stay on. I'm getting the FX4 skids tho to keep the snow out of the engine.
Pavement princess needs a 30” lightbar for what reason? To see the shopping carts at Walmart?

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pavement princess needs a 30” lightbar for what reason? To see the shopping carts at Walmart?

If there are half as many idiots camping in the left lane as there are here that is reason enough for me... Depending on where you are deer could be another big concern.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Deer. I live In the middle of nowhere and run all backroads. The factory LED's are a joke.

Are you sure their aimed right? I have not driven any US vehicle with LED lights as good as the Expy or my F-150. I get flashed all the time. Even after having them lowered. Or are you use to Mercedes, BMW type vehicles. I have a 17’ Superduty with regular lights. They are almost as good as a dollar store flashlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure their aimed right? I have not driven any US vehicle with LED lights as good as the Expy or my F-150. I get flashed all the time. Even after having them lowered. Or are you use to Mercedes, BMW type vehicles. I have a 17’ Superduty with regular lights. They are almost as good as a dollar store flashlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did aim them up and they improved, but at 45 mph on these backroads, they did nothing to light up the edges of the ditches and field edges, so it made me very nervous to cream a deer in my new rig. My Wife even asked me if there ws a light burned out, because she said it was like the lights weren't bright at all.
The light Bar I added is like 3X as bright as the hi beams when you turn it on. I can't even tell if I have the headlights on once the lightbar is on. I dim it for every car, or I'd literally get shot. lol.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That big wire harness on the front left corner of the bumper was super simple to remove. Its literally a bail handle and it comes apart.
For me, for some reason, even trying to pry the bail handle off didn't work. But now that I look at things, I should have tried from the front of the vehicle after removing the skirt, instead of through the wheel well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me, for some reason, even trying to Port the bail handle off didn't work. But now that I look at things, I should have tried from the front of the vehicle after removing the skirt, instead of through the wheel well.

Ya, I put mine on ramps and that was one of the easiest electrical connectors I've ever removed. Not much for delicate clips or anything to break.