30" light bar installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just look at the sun, basically the same pic...... Its 3-4X as bright as the headlights. I don't even waste my time with the hi beams most nights now.
Oh my god please don’t be one of those guys. In normal on road driving why would you ever need more than the incredible brights on this truck? And they turn on and off for you. People that drive around with light bars on should be beat!!!!

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh my god please don’t be one of those guys. In normal on road driving why would you ever need more than the incredible brights on this truck? And they turn on and off for you. People that drive around with light bars on should be beat!!!!

I'm fully capable of dimming my lights, including this Lightbar. I don't rely on the idiot computer to auto dim my headlights either, that POS is a complete joke.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm fully capable of dimming my lights, including this Lightbar. I don't rely on the idiot computer to auto dim my headlights either, that POS is a complete joke.

Different states must have different rules regarding the use of auxiliary lighting while on the road. The rules in PA state that off road lights need to be physically covered while on the road, but no one enforces it. If a cop catches someone in PA with their lightbar on while on the road, they'd likely get a warning or ticket.

067 Pa. Code § 175.66. Lighting and electrical systems.

https://www.pacode.com › secure › data › chapter175 › s175.66.html

(9) In accordance with 75 Pa.C.S. § 4303(f) (relating to general lighting requirements), roof or roll bar mounted off-road lights may be installed if they are not used on a highway or trafficway and are covered with an opaque covering at all times while operating on the highway or trafficway.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Different states must have different rules regarding the use of auxiliary lighting while on the road. The rules in PA state that off road lights need to be physically covered while on the road, but no one enforces it. If a cop catches someone in PA with their lightbar on while on the road, they'd likely get a warning or ticket.

067 Pa. Code § 175.66. Lighting and electrical systems.

https://www.pacode.com › secure › data › chapter175 › s175.66.html

(9) In accordance with 75 Pa.C.S. § 4303(f) (relating to general lighting requirements), roof or roll bar mounted off-road lights may be installed if they are not used on a highway or trafficway and are covered with an opaque covering at all times while operating on the highway or trafficway.

If I dim it, the local cops generally could care less. Thats why I dim it. I've had aftermarket lighting for 20 years and have never once had an issue. If you are dumb and don't dim, I'm sure they would get after you. You just need to use common sense, but many lack that these days. Thats why my car has an auto headlight dimmer, so its idiot-proof. Sad, but true.

leadfarmer

Reaction score
That looks great! I’ve been looking at the exact same setup for mine, and now that I know it will work, I’ll be ordering for sure. My biggest worry is breaking a hidden clip or something on the cheap plastic trying to disassemble the bumper! They now make one that has a DRL feature as well that might be interesting.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great! I’ve been looking at the exact same setup for mine, and now that I know it will work, I’ll be ordering for sure. My biggest worry is breaking a hidden clip or something on the cheap plastic trying to disassemble the bumper! They now make one that has a DRL feature as well that might be interesting.

I didn't like the switch that came in that DRL harness, so I opted against it simply for my interior thoughts on switch placement.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't like the switch that came in that DRL harness, so I opted against it simply for my interior thoughts on switch placement.
Deadman, couple of questions if you don't mind. Getting ready to install this lightbar on mine and was looking for some clarification.

1st: mine has this sensor directly behind where the bar will go. Another post said this is a DAP sensor, which I take to mean a Driver Aid. I don't have the driver aid package, so not sure. Were you concerned about blocking this sensor (or the shutters for that matter)?

2nd: did you pull off the front tires to make it easier to get at the hardware to remove the bumper?

Last: where is the hardware to remove the bumper lol?

Thanks! Appreciate any guidance.

IMG_20191215_1032552.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I went above that sensor. I almost think I drilled a hole a bit lower and relocated that sensor.

I'm not worried about the airflow, as I live in Northern Wisconsin. I don't tow much with it as I have a 3/4 ton diesel for that. There is a ton of air openings even with this in there. I'm honestly not a bit worried. I'd be more worried about the day those stupid luvers FAIL and cook your engine because they won't open up.

I pulled the tires just to make my life easier. It was worth it. The bumper bolts are nearly not visible. I had to go by feel to find them. They are all the way on the outside and up. They are fairly close to each other. I pulled the tires to help locate the bolts initially.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I went above that sensor. I almost think I drilled a hole a bit lower and relocated that sensor.

I'm not worried about the airflow, as I live in Northern Wisconsin. I don't tow much with it as I have a 3/4 ton diesel for that. There is a ton of air openings even with this in there. I'm honestly not a bit worried. I'd be more worried about the day those stupid luvers FAIL and cook your engine because they won't open up.

I pulled the tires just to make my life easier. It was worth it. The bumper bolts are nearly not visible. I had to go by feel to find them. They are all the way on the outside and up. They are fairly close to each other. I pulled the tires to help locate the bolts initially.

Cool, thank you!