4.56 gears on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I would love gears.... I can get 12.5mpg out of mine with the 3.73 but would like a little more especially towing my boat... just don't have the extra cash laying around...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
shut up walnuts! i get 11 on stock... kinda. haha i want an edge. just to see what she could do on mileage and power.

OP
OP
mudryder18

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dang panda you must driver like ur in nascar or something. i was even getting 11mpg with stock 3.55 and my 38s before she broke and when the engine was running good.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dang panda you must driver like ur in nascar or something. i was even getting 11mpg with stock 3.55 and my 38s before she broke and when the engine was running good.

I really don't. On the freeway I get in the second to left lane and set the cruise control to 65 or 70. So idk why it's that bad. I know I need a fuel filter and to clean the throttle body and maybe do some other stuff to help. Like get an edge. Haha

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at 11.1 before my fuel filter went. Now its a 11.7 lol. I dont think the edge will really help that much either. Gears is the way to go but I was quote close to $1000 for everything (2wd) included a rebuild kit bc of the year of the truck...

btw my EL comes with 3.73's from factory and with the 33's this thing is a pig man, I wanna get like 4.30's

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
edge will help mpgs.. mine went from low 11s to mid 12s after install

ehhh I think alot of it has to do with driving habits too. If your getting an edge for gas mileage, your automaticaly gonna be driving with a soft foot.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really... I didn't change driving habits except maybe drive a little harder now with the better shift points and harder acceleration

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
with an edge i think i would get worce mileage. i would not be able to keep out of it. haha what ever. its all good. edge is on my list just not top.

OP
OP
mudryder18

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea ive got a superchip in mine, i had to run it on performance mode before i broke my rearend to compensate for the 3.55s, but now once i get my truck back i can put it on 87 octane and hopefully that will get me much better mpgs.