4.56 gears on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clardy

Reaction score
well i should be on a bird heading to the states in a few hours as soon as feet hit the ground in FL i am picking up my beast from the shop it is only a few miles from the airport
so it looks like tuesday afternoon the destruction and construction will begin... i am pretty much gonna have a totally custom truck to ride in the mud that is what i bought this one for (i have an 06 f150 fx4 on 35s and it is decked out that would be my) my other toy.... i was just looking at the flashpaq and the cortex programmers but don't know how they really stack up to the edge either. i have an edge evolution in the pickup and it is okay... i think that i need the programmer more for firming the shifts and adjusting the speedo more than anything but like i said this is a total project truck and is a little on the old side got a bizzillion miles on it but runs great like 240K to be in the ball park

clardy

Reaction score
mudryder,

i originally bought this as a project monster for $2K off of ebay with the expressed purpose of it ran and was something i could cannibalize into what i wanted if the engine or trans lets go so be it gives me an excuse to do the lightning upgrade... so far i have replaced all the seats on the interior out of wrecked truck they were destroyed, have a cold air intake installed wanted the cool whistle so i put the trottle body spacer, went with a bolt on style dynomax exhaust just cat back nothing fancy (non dual), jet performance module, mtx 12"s with 600w mono amp to match, have all 4 door speakers (hifonics with matching 4 channel amp yet to be installed in center console where stock 6 disc will be removed from), locking auburn diff in front, new shocks/struts procomp all around, 3" body lift performance accessories, 3" daystar coil spacer rear, 3" lifting torsion keys, 4.56 front and rear (think they were G2 brand), 5 to 6 lug wheel adapters to fit my 06 wheels (i have my 20s on there now with 33" procomp ATs) but they will yield to the new 17" eagles with hopefully 38s if i can cut that much.... wow that is about $6500 worth of upgrades on a $2000 truck lol i will list the stuff to come next

clardy

Reaction score
the things i must install when i arrive black westin 4" nerf bars, i have hitches for the front of both trucks the wiring and 12v quick connect plugs to be hard wired to the hitches of both beasts this way i can run a 12500lb winch on a cradle and can be used on either vehicle and the big feat will be doing whatever cutting and mangling necessary to get those 38s under the truck with only 6" of lift i think i can make it work though.... i have some cut-out fender flares picked out that fit the f150s of the same gen so i will be putting them on the front and cutomizing a set so that they will fit on the rear i am going to have to cut them in half and plastic weld the ABS plastic i will put picks up of that in the process if it works .....oh i forgot earlier i put in a pioneer cd player.... and other than that imma leave it stock lol

OP
OP
mudryder18

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clardy, make sure you post pics asap or as soon as you can.
Also is it true yall killed bin laden. Is that why you are getting to come home or is it a well timed coincedence. Did you kill him? lol

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn clardy i thought i was bad when i came home on r&r in september and bought a 2000 eddie bauer with 80k miles hey so how was the weather in baf i got back from kaf dec 24.