Another blown expy coming soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn that sounds sexy!!!!! i really cannot wait to move back home so I can start learning how to do this swap...i cant let you guys have ALL the fun!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah nvy. you should do that. i wonder how the wife and kids would like it after you do that too! i bet you could pull those skis with no problem even better than before! haha

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Had tranny serviced by my tranny guy..lol. He said everything looked good. No clutch material in pan and fluid looked good. No burnt smell or any signs of overheating. Some valve...sorry cant remember the name was a bit worn and he said its the smallest ford uses in the 4r100. He put a larger one in and now it shifts pretty good. No more 2 second delay on full throttle shift!!:pepper::pepper: Time to take her to the track...lol.

Also had the resonators installed on the exhaust. Look like mini glass packs. It made a tremendous difference. You guys probably would not like it.. not as loud. But now I feel I can drive around with out attracting everyones attention and the highway cruise resonance/rumble is gone. It can make some noise...just not near as much. The best part is its a very high flow exhaust system yet not so loud. I will see if I can get photos of it as it is a work of art how he fit it all in there. Imagine dual 3" exhaust where one 2 1/2" previously was and nothing hits, bangs or rattles against anything.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can you see the resonators from the outside? if not then good! haha as long as your happy with it then thats all that matters. i still think its one bad ass expo!

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
can you see the resonators from the outside? if not then good! haha as long as your happy with it then thats all that matters. i still think its one bad ass expo!

No you cannot see them unless you look under vehicle. They are actually behind the muffler above the axle. Staggered so they fit next to each other. No part of the exhaust hangs low with the exception of the tailpipes of course. The crossmembers are lower than the exhaust!

And thank you Panda!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm interested in these resonators.... part number by chance? I was thinking of redoing my exhaust next year straight piped but if its too loud add the resonators

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
i'm interested in these resonators.... part number by chance? I was thinking of redoing my exhaust next year straight piped but if its too loud add the resonators

The shop called them resonators... but to me they look like mini glass packs. They are just smaller as they are designed to use with mufflers. By themselves I think the exhaust would be really loud but the combination of them with my magnaflow work well together. I dont have the part number would have to ask the shop.

Attachments

• exhaust 003.jpg
    exhaust 003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 163

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man i love that video. you can see her assend sink when they hit it at the end. told wifey i was building expy for truck pull and mud runs next year. she said that i better do it right so she doesnt have to claim a husband that broke down in the middle of the pit....sounds like an ok for a lightning swap to me!

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I was reminiscing about my build...lol. It is still interesting to me anyways to go back and review as the build was progressing. I actually finished the build about a week before we went on vacation to the outer banks with the family towing a 20' boat.. I was a bit crazy but lucky for me all went well.

Still having some tune issues I hope to eventually work out but overall it is running well. Looking forward to this upcoming race season and hopefully I can improve significantly on its times. I do plan to put it on the dyno again to get updated numbers with current mods, but may wait till after a few more "minor" mods are completed.

Last edited: