Approach Detection - MY2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fizzy

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive been able to enable my vehicles approach detection through forscan. Now all my windows fully open, all 4 doors open wide , the trunk door opens and my panoramic roof fully opens as well automatically if im become within 10 feet of the vehicle. Ive been unable to reserse it though. I hope im able too before the winter and snow comes.

I assume this an attempt at humour?

OP
OP
Fizzy

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking, but I added vehicle distance detection if you are talking about that. On the dash where the lane assist icon is, the 2 lines change colors when you get close to the vehicle in front and a rear of a vehicle icon shows with the brake lights on. It was not activated and maybe not a feature in my year. So I activated it with ForScan.

If you read up, it's explained.

When you approach the truck with the key in your pocket, the power running boards deploy. Puddle (and some other) lights come on etc.

To my mind, our Expedition knows I'm standing near it with the key, because when I touch the door handle it unlocks the truck. I can't imagine an extra sensor is needed, and it should just be a setting in Forscan that is enabled on the Navigators.

slow3v

Reaction score
Would be interested in this as well, but I'm betting you're not able to. FWIW the 2021+ F150's in XLT trim (302A) have this feature too. Maybe you could look into FORSCAN settings there and see if you can find anything similar? Different generation/electrical architecture though.