Autostop eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigwilly

Reaction score
PLEASE let us know if you do it.
I definitely wants one when my 2023 SPP is delivered.

Good luck with your delivery date! When did you order?

I ordered at the end of October so I have no build date yet.
I ordered Sept 6.

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the big deal with the autostop? Heck most of the time mine doesn't kick in (off) and I am just left wondering why. Seems like if the heat or AC is needed, or if the 3rd row is filled it never shuts off. So I guess I'm annoyed by not understanding it's algorithm, but otherwise could care less (provided the car starts when the light turns ;)

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the big deal with the autostop? Heck most of the time mine doesn't kick in (off) and I am just left wondering why. Seems like if the heat or AC is needed, or if the 3rd row is filled it never shuts off. So I guess I'm annoyed by not understanding it's algorithm, but otherwise could care less (provided the car starts when the light turns ;)
The auto stop/start wont kick in if the battery is charging as well.

I dont use the auto start/stop feature anyways and the first thing I do when I start the engine is disengage that feature anyways. It wears out your starter faster and you dont save much on gas either way imo

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The auto stop/start wont kick in if the battery is charging as well.
Since I had my cam phasers done, mine has been charging ever since, except for one day, the ASS worked all day long then stopped working again. It worked plenty before going into the shop. Strange.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try putting your vehicle on a trickle charger overnight. it is good for the battery and the ASS will start working more frequently. I put mine on a trickle charger once a month. Batteries last much longer when you do this.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the auto start doesnt stop the engine while at a red light you can check to see why in the guage cluster menu under " Auto start status" if equiped

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the autostop eliminator. Now if someone would come out with a plug in device that would remember to leave drive mode in eco.. Expo down for the count for a while... Friggin deer are so heavy in N W PA hit my 2nd on I 79 in 6 months. The first one I was able to come to almost a full stop.. Last night I was prob full 60.. 65 mph when contact made..
Fortunately, I only hit one deer when I lived in Erie. Over on Millfair Road near 38th St. Despite going to Corry often to see a girl I was dating, I only hit a deer a few miles form home. :(

I guess I was lucky it was only one deer before I moved away.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the auto start doesnt stop the engine while at a red light you can check to see why in the guage cluster menu under " Auto start status" if equiped
Interesting! I've come across this screen and it's always been either blank or stating I had disabled it so thought it rather silly and redundant as I already have a button telling me that status. Good to know it can tell you more when needed. I wish the manual told us more about this kind of thing.

I also support other comments in this chain that ASS will not shut the engine down if battery needs to charge. Mine didn't come on (stop engine) from new for the first 50-75 miles and I was crossing my fingers that the factory had somehow forgotten to enable it. No such luck...

Try putting your vehicle on a trickle charger overnight. it is good for the battery and the ASS will start working more frequently. I put mine on a trickle charger once a month. Batteries last much longer when you do this.

This is a good tip too. I've also found that if I limit my seat heat and steering wheel heat to first portion of my drive only, the battery tends to stay charged - using ASS as the indicator of whether the vehicle considers the battery low

bzav

Reaction score
sorry, don't understand the thread. does autostop turn on the engine when stopped? Doesn't it autostart when you press the gas?