Auxillary AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jenkins

Reaction score
Do I have two AC systems? I see some posts talking about an auxiliary system, but I can't find anything regarding my vehicle. Can anyone shed some light?

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
All 2007-17 Expeditions came with an auxiliary HVAC System. There should be controls for the rear system on the dash, and on the back of the center console (for 2nd row passenger use)

OP
OP
M

Matthew Jenkins

Reaction score
That stuff is there, but are there other mechanicals? I see some posts with 1.37lbs of R134 in the front and 2.00lbs for the rear. That is the part I don't understand. Is there a second evaporator somewhere. I saw a different type of SUV, unfortunately I don't remember which one, but it had a second evaporator in the cargo area under panels behind the wheel on the drivers side.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a second evaporator at the passenger rear under the window on my 2021. You tube has vids on the removal. Not a lot of fun.

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
That stuff is there, but are there other mechanicals? I see some posts with 1.37lbs of R134 in the front and 2.00lbs for the rear. That is the part I don't understand. Is there a second evaporator somewhere. I saw a different type of SUV, unfortunately I don't remember which one, but it had a second evaporator in the cargo area under panels behind the wheel on the drivers side.
Yes, the auxiliary unit is basically a duplicate of the front HVAC unit, just smaller. The auxiliary system has its own Evaporator and expansion valve (and heater core, for heat)