Car Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am in search of a car cover recommendation. I'm looking for something that is lightweight and fits in a reasonable size storage bag, that is easy for one person to put on and take off for occasional outdoor use. Any suggestions - Good or Bad?

The backstory....My classic car is back home from the shop, so my new dark blue 2024 Ford Expedition XLT has been relegated to the driveway. I'm not the guy that keeps a car spotless by washing it every day. But, I have a very old neighbor that cuts (nearly scalps) his grass every other day to have something to do. His old riding mower throws a cloud of dust that covers all cars within a house or two. He won't change his ways, and he won't change his equipment. All the neighbors have dusty cars. My cover would be one to keep the Constant Gardner's dust bowl from enveloping my Ford. All suggestions are welcome!

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They do have car tents that you can drive in and close up.
Are they big enough for an Expedition though?

astro110

Reaction score
Check out california car cover. I have been purchasing covers from them since the 80s. A superweave sounds like the cover you need. It is very light but very good against dust rain and any outdoor weather. They have very good warrenties. I have one on my 98 expy and the paint looks new. The one fault is that it is expensive. Good luck in your search.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a quality ceramic coating and the rain or a hose will make it look perfect again after it dries.

OP
OP
M

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a quality ceramic coating and the rain or a hose will make it look perfect again after it dries.

My other two cars are ceramic coated and went ahead and had my 2024 Ford Expedition done too. Plus, had them put PPF on the hood and front. Looks great.