Coolant leak from rear hard lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

37ford

Reaction score
Yesterday, my wife got stranded when one of the rubber heater hoses broke off at the plastic Y. I replaced it today, and thought I got off pretty easy. I did a test drive and noticed a coolant leak coming from behind the front wheel. The was a steady drip from the heat shield above the exhaust. Of course, the AC and coolant hard lines are above the heat shield, and the heat shield is massive. Visibility is tough, but I think I managed to narrow down the location of the leak the the clamp where the lines come down the firewall by the transmission and turn a 90 over the exhaust.

I can confirm the lines are dry above the 90 and about a foot past the clamp. That's as close I can get right now. It definitely looks like the line is not in the clamp properly. I can't under how in the word a metal line is leaking and how the other line broke at the same time. There's no evidence of damage, but you have to wonder why the line isn't seated properly in the clamp.

IMG_3300.jpg