Creaking in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expoLP

Reaction score
Hi! This random creaking while driving started on the driver side dash - it sounds like it’s all the way up by the windshield. When I push around on the dash nothing makes the noise but it seems to be making it more often. My windshield and cow panel was replaced when I bought it so I don’t know if it’s related or not, but driving me insane. Anyone else have this issue?

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had my 2001's windshield crack after removing and reinstalling the cowl to paint it. Turns out the drivers side windshield was very loose at the A pillar. I may have cracked it pushing a rag under the glass to clean the VIN window area. The paint had lost its bond to the metal. No significant rust. Maybe your glass installer did not prep and prime very well. I would remove all the A pillar trim and then while driving put my finger at the pinch weld and glass to see if anything is moving. The glass install if done by Safelite would have a lifetime warranty.