Electric Trailer Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhneely

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 Expedition with the heavy duty tow package. I need to install a trailer brake control. Looking for recommendations for a good controller. I have the wire connection supplied with the tow package. Any experience installing this connection?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tenkonsha Prodigy is the best brake controller i have ever used, i use it with my 3 axel 5th wheel,

if your not towing alot i would go with the Tokonsha Voyager, works like the Prodigy but is only good for 2 axels

grandebob

Reaction score
I just got a Tekonsha P2 with the pigtail adapter for my '08. The HD tow package includes a small connector under your dash. I had mine plugged in in 5 minutes. The P2 can control up to like 5 axles or something ridiculous. It also has a hydrolic over electric mode. Links below are for what I ordered.

I tow a single axle pop up camper, weighs about 3,000 lbs loaded.

What do you plan on towing?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YIACG8/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NZQIDE/ref=oh_o03_s00_i01_details

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dhneely

Reaction score
I am pulling a Keystone Springdale travel trailer with a loaded weight of about 7200 pounds. The trailer has two axles.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am pulling a Keystone Springdale travel trailer with a loaded weight of about 7200 pounds. The trailer has two axles.

I'm pulling a Prime Time Tracer. Probably about the same weight as you. The Tekonsha Prodigy works great.