Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oddwon

Reaction score
This is what I was after. Why can’t these billion dollar companies produce this? Lol

To make you go into a stealership for the sales pitch. But, you'll find out you know more about the '18 than anyone in the stealership.

Ford is down at the bottom with Toyota for being able to use the website to find the differences within a model's levels.

My question is, is there acoustic glass with the LTD or Platinum? Is acoustic cancelation only in the Platinum?

My thanks to those helping define the differences.

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
To make you go into a stealership for the sales pitch. But, you'll find out you know more about the '18 than anyone in the stealership.

Ford is down at the bottom with Toyota for being able to use the website to find the differences within a model's levels.

My question is, is there acoustic glass with the LTD or Platinum? Is acoustic cancelation only in the Platinum?

My thanks to those helping define the differences.

I’ve already noticed that too. Doesn’t matter the brand though, Car sales doesn’t cherry pick on the University class, it’s equal opportunity. “Now Highering: Did you ever attend Gym class?”

What acoustic glass? Something to do w noise cancelation?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They all have acoustic windshielfd i believe. Platinum has active noise cancellation, the other trims do not. The platinum is markedly quieter than the others.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even my 07 came with an acoustic windshield, anything 2006 forward has it. It was introduced in the 2006 MY.

oddwon

Reaction score
I’ve already noticed that too. Doesn’t matter the brand though, Car sales doesn’t cherry pick on the University class, it’s equal opportunity. “Now Highering: Did you ever attend Gym class?”

What acoustic glass? Something to do w noise cancelation?

Acoustic glass is noise reducing. Does the Expy have it and if so what level(s) is it in?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All expeditions have it, iys an old feature its always had.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's something I put together when I was shopping...perhaps it is helpful. I think (I did this several months ago) this reflects what is available on that trim level, not what is standard. For instance on the Ltd, you have to select the Driver Assistance Package to get the adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc.

Although I do note that the CCD (and I think the 360 camera and Park Assist) are available on the Ltd and my little chart doesn't reflect that.

View attachment 23377
You could just google "2018 expedition brochure" and look at page 17...

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even better, you could click here.

The brochure has the matrix of every feature available, and where.

I'm sad they no longer have auto-leveling suspension at all, unless the CCD maintains that feature somehow.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even better, you could click here.

The brochure has the matrix of every feature available, and where.

I'm sad they no longer have auto-leveling suspension at all, unless the CCD maintains that feature somehow.
That's great! Ford hadn't released that yet when I was shopping. Thank you for the info and the link!!