Front Blower not working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfry

Reaction score
Thank you. Checking the motor with a meter, what kind of resistance values would I be looking at for good/bad?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
manual doesn't list what the resistance should be but if it shows nothing I would say its open try putting 12 v to the motor

Last edited:

bigfry

Reaction score
For future reference: I replaced the blower assembly today and all is good once again. The bad motor registered 3MOhms.

I hope to never have to replace it again as one of the screws was meant to never be removed in the space allotted, and the squirrel cage assembly was too big to come out with my limited knowledge of the situation. Fortunately(?) the replacement assembly had a slightly shorter squirrel cage and went in without breaking any blades.

Thanks for the assist.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
kindly update your signature line with year model and engine information. This can be done in the USER CP section as this information helps others give you replies specific to your expy

bigfry

Reaction score
I did not check the new one. My meter was not handy and it was already approaching 100f in the shade by the time I got a chance to work on it.

Thanks again.