Front differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsgrpr97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can always remove the half-shafts and front drive shaft until you can really crack open the front diff to work on it. This should prevent more wear and tear..

My leaks not that bad. Drip herre and there. I wipe it with a rag every week just to keep it from leaving little drips where its parked, but since I bought the new tires in march I've filled the diff once and it remains full.

tsgrpr97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The biggest pulley at the bottom of the engine - the shaft of the pulley/balancer slides on the end of the crankshaft. There is a seal on the timing cover (the front cover of the motor) where the shaft comes through. This might leak and if it is it will be dribbling down from the bottom center of the shaft between the pulley and the front of the motor. But my money right now, without seeing it, is on your oil filter. How long ago was the filter changed?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
was the oil red? could be power steering rack.. Checked your steering rack? (just brainstorming here)...

OP
OP
P

popeye

Reaction score
Only had the vehicle since saturday so havent done an oil change yet. Oil looks clean though and i did have to add half a quart.
Power sterring rack is dry. oil leak is black oil.

OP
OP
P

popeye

Reaction score
Just had the vehicle on a hoist and its the oil filter adapter thats leaking. Local shop will fix it for $380. apparently you have to drop the diff to get at it. Might be a worthwile investment for all he work and time involved unless anyone has managed to fix this problem another way.
Thanks again for all the info,really appreciate it.