Fuel Gauge Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

I have attached 3 prints that will help you. The 5.4 and 4.6 are the same
Page-1 is the wiring diagram
Page 2 is the C148 Connector
Page 3 Shows location of C148

Rather than crawling under the vehicle to get to C415 you can go under the hood and get to C148 and hook up the resistors there make sure you use the Male half of the connector Pins 1 and 10

Keep me informed if you have any problems/questions and let me know the results

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
IvDogg

IvDogg

Reaction score
So I finally got around to this (sort of)...

Checked the C148 connector under the hood, had to remove the air filter housing to get to it. Looked pretty dirty had to clean it off with some electrical parts cleaner to even be able to tell the different color wires apart.

I used my radio shack resistors and test leads on the male end of the plug and validated my cluster is not the problem. Fuel Gauge came to life just as it should with the corresponding resistance above...

So decided I moved on to the C415 connector, had to remove the rear driver's side wheel to reach it. Then realized I need to the pointy test leads to test it as the female end leads to the cluster, but I forgot them.

So it's either the fuel level sender or the connection. Gonna verify this another day.