"Get up and go" - "Got up and left"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wes1

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Moose, no, still pretty much the same. Waiting to put more miles on it and then look at a programmer. Have you found anything out in your research?

MN_Moose

Reaction score
No, I am in the same situation as you.

We only have 300 miles on the odometer.

I'm definitely not used to the "electronic throttle control (ETC)."

Supposedly this ETC is in learn mode for an initial set of miles.

I am finding that I don't like its current setting: seems too sensitive at low throttle input, and not sensitive enough at higher input (sluggishness is at high throttle settings). My best way to put it is that the first 5-10% throttle seems immediate (either on or off) while the 10-100% throttle seems to have turbo lag without a turbo ever kicking in.

My F150 is opposite, and just how I like it: 0-50% throttle seems gradual, but if I put petal to metal, response is immediate. I believe in math terms, that would be an exponential curve - gradual increases from starting.

I posted in another thread asking how best to drive during this adaptive learning stage, but have not had any insightful input.

I'm thinking about just taking it into the dealer, and seeing what they have to say. I wish they could just take my F150 throttle curve and program the new Expy similarly.

MN_Moose

Reaction score
This expo curve is what I think that it should be :

HV%20Pro%20Throttle%20Curve.jpg

Another geeky article on Ford ETC: http://articles.d-tips.com/art8.html

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
get a custom tune, the GM 4.2 has a problem where the ETC doesnt open as quick as it should, a tune will take care of it

bigblack

Reaction score
Programmer

Has anyone tired one of theses programmers? My '11 is so sluggish and unresponsive I want to drive it off a cliff! My freind recommended the superchips flashpack. He used it on his jeep and loved it. Has anyone tried this? I'm kinda scared to start messing around with a vehicle with only 5k miles on it.

http://www.superchips.com/Store/Flashpaq.aspx

wiffmajig

Reaction score
I have owned 3 Expeditions, an 04 (4.6) and 06 (5.4) and an 09 (5.4) and the 09 is by far the biggest pig of all.

In my opinion the biggest change was due to the 6 speed transmission. For me getting used to the odd shift changes and kick downs was the worse...it is much slower than the my previous 2.