Glove Compartment Lock ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Anyone installed a lock for the glove compartment? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel on this.

Seems as if it'd be an easy mod, but drilling the hole in the wrong place on a 90 day old truck would not make me happy.

-- Chuck

opie

Reaction score
i don't mean to sound like a smart ass here, but if locking your doors doesn't deter a thief, niether will a lock on the glove box.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by opie
i don't mean to sound like a smart ass here, but if locking your doors doesn't deter a thief, niether will a lock on the glove box.

last time i checked it was a lot easier to get through glass then a locked glove box

opie

Reaction score
i don't know, i'm betting an aftermarket self-installed glovebox lock wouldn't be much of a match to a screwdriver....

i guess my point is that if it were me, and its not, i wouldn't risk messing up an 3 month old truck when a thief who is willing to break the glass to get in a truck is probably determined enough to pop the lock on a glove box....

but again, thats just my opinion.....

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'm not really worried about the break-in factor. Unless I carry my pistol in my holster on my body I'm stuck with Ohio law requiring it to be in a "locked glove compartment." There's no case law yet, so "locked console" has not been tested.

-- Chuck

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chuck- My 07' has no glove compartment lock also. Just noticed. Ive had mine for 2 weeks. About the gun thing. Check out this gun vault for your expy. I have one. I have not installed it in my new 07'. I had it in my 04'. I love it. Will this fly in your state? Cuz if its legal in California, it has to be be legal in your state. Let us know.;)

Here is the website: www.TitanGunVault.com
Im not trying to sell this. Just helping out
:D