The AC VINEGAR Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've used the heat method for years. The smell comes right back.
So, I'm trying to find a way to really clean it. I watched a video where you take the cowl cover off and somehow get in there to remove any debris that is collecting moisture.
I know one thing for sure, thousands of expedition owners complain about the same smell.
I don't use bleach because of this:
Since bleach is only able to wipe up surface mold spores, it can't seep into materials and effectively kill mold. This also increases the amount of moisture available, allowing deep-rooted mold to thrive rather than be removed. Always remember, mold needs heat/humidity or a water event to thrive.

We are getting the feeder bands of the storm now. It's going to pass right by us about 50+ miles to the west, unless it decides to turn early. So far, it's staying a tropical storm, but it will increase to a hurricane before landfall.
I've seen restoration companies use it on 2X4's , truss and all sorts of framing and it passes inspection. I use the heat every couple of months and it does it for me.

I hear ya on the "unless it decides to turn". I remember Irma. At 11PM it was going north by you folks and I went to bed. Got up the next morning and found the ICW about 50 feet from my back door. The damn thing made a right turn and came down I-4 about flooded Daytona and the ocean was coming up to A1A. Hurricane Ian took the roof off our home and trashed everything, then the following week along came Nicole with a ton more of rain and put 5" of rain into the interior. We were out of the house for over a year.That is how I really learned about mold. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth living beachside. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960