Grille Guard on ‘22 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lumberjack

Reaction score
Same but add bear and wild horses. I don’t expect ANY grill guard to protect against a 1,500lb horse but it might absorb some of the impact and energy away from the occupants. I’ve seen the damage of a bear strike and I’ll pay for the guard to lessen that incident. I’m super interested in Lumberjack’s guard after seeing it. Looks much more capable than the Ranch Hands.
I can help you do one on yours if you are interested! All of the sensors moved over and the camera relocation into the bumper is a huge help. IMG_1400.jpeg

Lumberjack

Reaction score
After over five decades of owning Ford trucks, we decided that age and lifestyle changes dictated moving to a full-size SUV. Hence the purchase of a pre-owned 2018 Expedition Max Platinum. The bottom line this is our first vehicle without a full front bumper. Scary! It’s not so much the nighttime driving encountering deer and ferial hogs but the misguided drivers in Texas's major metro areas that are worrisome. My quest for protection started with a push bar like those seen on LE vehicles. It was soon learned that, for some inexplicable reason, those are only available to Gov. agencies. That left brush guards but finding one that doesn’t interfere with the front sensors has also proved daunting. The wish list item is still not checked.
All of our sensor, radar, and camera moved into the new bumper flawlessly

HILLY

Reaction score
I can help you do one on yours if you are interested! All of the sensors moved over and the camera relocation into the bumper is a huge help.
Hey @Lumberjack - besides the obvious trimming of the bumper cover, what other modifications are required behind the skin to make this work? I'm a previous user and fan of Ironman4x4 when I had my 4Runners, and besides this being pretty much the only option, I'd like to also keep using their product. Any insight is appreciated!