Grille guard that works with front camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
2018 Expedition Max 302a - front camera. I’m looking to get s grille guard but don’t want it it interfere with the camera. Does anyone have a recommendation on brand or model of grille guard? Thinking about it, I’d imagine anything in the front might interfere but i could be wrong.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
This is slightly off topic but how many cameras are the 2018's equipped with?

OP
OP
Matthew Hoover

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
I’ve got the 302a package, so 4 total: front, back, and one under each side mirror. It does the “birds eye view” feature.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you have the 302A package, you may also want to research if a grill guard would interfere with the radar for the automated cruise and collision mitigation. Not sure where on the grill the sensors are located.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you have the 302A package, you may also want to research if a grill guard would interfere with the radar for the automated cruise and collision mitigation. Not sure where on the grill the sensors are located.
I think those are in the windshield.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found the attached video from an F150 that explains the adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation, and pedestrian detection, so I'm assuming it's a similar configuration on the Expedition. Adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation utilize radar that is located in the front bumper, and the video showed an example of mounting an aftermarket bumper that required relocating the radar module. The pedestrian detection uses cameras mounted near the rearview mirror. Hope this helps.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good finds on the manual illustrations for the Expedition. That is helpful. Hopefully companies that offer aftermarket bumpers for the Expedition will address the relocation of the radar module.

OP
OP
Matthew Hoover

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
Not only have I not found what I’m looking for, but I can’t even find a standard grille guard itself. Has anyone found/ installed one with a photo of the finished product?