HOW? gauge cluster connector removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
It's a weird connector over on the upper right side of the cluster. Can only see the top of it! :O I can't figure out how to release the harness. Sure don't want to break it! So, I'll ask one of you experts! LOL! TIA

OP
OP
S

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
Well... Figured it out with a flashlight, a mirror and an awl! The first picture is what you'll see when you pull the gauge panel. Albeit, the plug-in portion will be down inside the receptacle.
The second picture is of the top of the connector, which you can't really see without a mirror. Notice the gray pivot piece is held by that little back rectangle and tinier hollow square. You need to push that in, to release the gray pivot piece. That's where I used the awl.
The last picture shows how the gray pivot piece slides to the left after release. It will go all the way down 90° so the plug will release from the receptacle completely!

Attachments

• Dash panel connector#1.jpg
    Dash panel connector#1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12
  • dash panel connector #2.jpg
    dash panel connector #2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 11
  • dash panel connector#3.jpg
    dash panel connector#3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12