HVAC issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCoverdale

Reaction score
hey guys,
So I have an '07 that is having a weird issue and im hearing a lot of different answers and I figured I'd get your thoughts.

So the fan control speeds/off won't work. Whenever I try to turn off the climate control it kicks the fans onto max and doesn't turn off. If I have off selected and cycle the ignition it stays off.

The fan speed also doesn't work when I select what vent I want the air to pass through. But the vent selector does work.

The temperature select works and will adjust the fan speed to keep the temp at what I select.

I've heard blower motor module, climate control module, and blower motor resistor. Which do you guys think it is? Or do you have any different ideas?

Thanks!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's going to be a tricky one. It sounds like a short somewhere. Somebody here will have the troubleshooting procedure. Do you have Automatic A/C or manual? The two systems will have similar but different controls.

Mauricio

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen last week. Took it to the dealer and they said it was blower motor module which they changed. Working nicely but expect sticker shock. Close to $500 out the door for me. There is a TSB out there which if you are still under warranty then they change it free if not then you pay.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
W

WCoverdale

Reaction score
Dang that's a lot of money just to be able to turn my dang climate control off. And to answer your question Andy it has auto climate control!

Edit: I looked up blower motor module and everywhere is just coming up with the resistor for it, which is only like 60$ new. Is there another part that I can't find?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang that's a lot of money just to be able to turn my dang climate control off. And to answer your question Andy it has auto climate control!

Edit: I looked up blower motor module and everywhere is just coming up with the resistor for it, which is only like 60$ new. Is there another part that I can't find?
If I'm not mistaken the resistor is only used on the fan with manual A/C.

This one on RockAuto.com says its for Automatic AC

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3102918&cc=1433530&jsn=463

This the page with the selections the ones with Auto A/C start 12 down from the top.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...g,blower+motor+control+module+/+resistor,6557

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So would that help you think? My only problem is with the dang fan speed lol
It's hard to say, without going through a proper troubleshooting process all you'll be doing is guessing and throwing parts and money at it. You could get lucky and hit it right the first time, but with these complex systems it is unlikely.

@Bedrck47 can probably point you in the right direction with wiring diagrams and troubleshoot steps. If you want to do it yourself that is where I would start, otherwise let the dealer figure it out and pay their rate.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if it was me I would roll the dice and put the module in it after making sure the wiring going to it looked good.

at least take the connector off of it and look for corrosion or looseness

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On mine it was the module. The fan was erratic and did its own thing. 90-ish from rock auto and about 10 minutes. Good now.