I can hear my turbo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT350driver

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited max with 34,500 miles has a turbo whistle that I just recently discovered. I say recently because 99% of the time when I jump in the drivers seat...the A/C or heat is running...then the B&O kicks in with tunes and now I'm in my happy place
A few days ago I got in to leave work and it was such a beautiful weather day that I shut down the A/C and B&O completely, rolled down both front windows and slid the roof glass all the way back. We're in a rural community so you can easily find yourself being the only one on the road..... and that's when I heard the turbo(s) climbing up a mild grade the moved the turbo gauge needle about an eighth of an inch into the blue. Turbo sound doesn't bother me at all after owning F250 PSD's...
All Im wondering now is if this is normal or is there something somewhere loosening upstream from the turbos?
Its not anywhere near as loud as the PSD...not even close and I can't determine if its the right or left side...or both.
HAs anyone else heard their turbos singing ?

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's normal to hear the turbos whistling, especially under heavy throttle or right when you get into the spool range (1500-2000 RPM)

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can definitely hear my turbos whistling along with the rattles from the **** wastegate on both sides. Sounds awesome.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you really mean awesome, or awful? Just wondering.
I said awesome but being sarcastic.

I just dont like the wastegate rattle, It does quiet down after it adjusts itself after 20 seconds cold start, But it still rattle when u rev the engine after that

20Expy

Reaction score
I can hear the whistle and the the blow-off valve, even with the windows up. It's just subtle enough to notice when music isn't playing and I LUV IT! Just the pano sunroof rattles that destroy the experience...

bocabimmer

Reaction score
I can hear it even with the music on and the kids talking. It doesn’t bother me. If anything I’m just happy my wastegates aren’t rattling.

bityw

Reaction score
I said awesome but being sarcastic.

I just dont like the wastegate rattle, It does quiet down after it adjusts itself after 20 seconds cold start, But it still rattle when u rev the engine after that
The springs fix has worked flawlessly for me. They have been on for over a year and 27k miles an no issues other than wastegates that no longer rattle.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agetech