How often do you drive your Expedition?

• Daily

Votes: 62 77.5%
  • 2-3 times a week.

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Just parked.

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Nugler

Reaction score
Mine’s parked but not necessarily because of fuel prices.
My 56 mile round trip commute into the Chicago megalopolis is accomplished much easier with my GTI than with the Expy. My wife’s 4 mile round trip commute would probably render the trunk a carbon and sludged up mess after a few months.
$3.89 didn’t stop us from taking the first camping trip of the season and putting 250 miles on the clock at 11.4 mpg. Great tow vehicle for my needs. That’s why I bought it.
The satisfaction came from taking another couple into town and getting the compliment “This is a lot nicer that the Tundra.”

Tom.

Buck Nasty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm daily now. I'd like to let her sit 2-4 days a week now that the weather is warming up. The motorcycle is coming out! 50 mpg + is much better than 12 mpg -!

I love my truck but....

bchampion

Reaction score
Nope. I drive it everyday. Lucky I don't live far from work and can stretch out a tank to about 10 days. BTW, it's not Bush's fault, it's the Democratic led Congress that will not let us drill for our own oil in our own Country. Did you know that China & Cuba are drilling for oil 50 miles off the cost of Cuba, which is just off Key West, yet we can't???:shootout:

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by bchampion
Nope. I drive it everyday. Lucky I don't live far from work and can stretch out a tank to about 10 days. BTW, it's not Bush's fault, it's the Democratic led Congress that will not let us drill for our own oil in our own Country. Did you know that China & Cuba are drilling for oil 50 miles off the cost of Cuba, which is just off Key West, yet we can't???:shootout:

Hey say what you want, but all I know is when Clinton was in office, gas was a $1 and some change a gal, when Bush came along the country got hit with 9/11, went to war, economy got thrown out of wack, and gas prices sky rocketed!!

Last edited:

slo-ryd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by SPreston2001
Hey say what you want, but all I know is when Clinton was in office, gas was a $1 and some change a gal, when Bush came along the country got hit with 9/11, went to war, economy got thrown out of wack, and gas prices sky rocketed!!

If Clinton had taken care of Bin Laden when he had the chance, we wouldn't have had 9/11. Of course the .com economic wave couldn't last forever anyway.

Anyhoo. I'm still driving mine everyday.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As much as this isn't a political forum...it is most certainly not the democratic run congress that is causing the raising gas prices. The oil companies make record profits each year now and it is not because of not being able to have offshore drilling either. The main contributing factors happen to be the Bush administration and the economic state. The price per barrel for the world hasn't gone up, the dollar has just become weaker. If our economy turned around, the amount of dollars for a barrel would drop again. Given it wouldn't go back to $2/gallon, but it would certainly drop below the $4 range. Bush also is certainly in bed with the oil companies. Not only bush but the Republican party, you can tell because as we get closer to election time, the price of gas will start to drop a little bit. This is so that they can say that they are doing something for the people, as soon as the election is over, the price will rise again. It's hard to deny Bush and his administration being influenced by by oil when you have VP Cheney getting over a $100 million bonus when he left Haliburton to be GW Bush's VP....so again not trying to start a political debate...but let's be real, it's certainly not congress. And offshore drilling will cause more damage to our economy by effecting wildlife and causing rehabilitation to be started. It would have a devastating effect on fisherman as well...

M

MobyDick

Nope. Drive it whenever. 13 MPG in town. I work from home whenever I want so I drove once in 3 weeks. Don't care what the price of gas is. Just do not want to sit in a line waiting. You should have seen the shortage in Charlotte after the hurricanes. Paid $4.29 for regular. Down to $2.17 this morning.

Thank you world-wide recession....

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
even though gas is down... mine just sits in the backyard until like once a month when I use her on the weekend... I always pump premium no matter what the price is...

Indy

Reaction score
Mine is now parked, I think permanently. Wrecked it yesterday on a sheet of ice and have a good feeling they will declare it totaled.