Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Ford Expedition with 215,000 miles on it. I am praying hard that it will last me till a little over 400,000 miles. Is it possible? I have never really had a major issue with it yet. Mostly use freeway. Just wondering what you all think and have any of you had that many or more miles on yours.

Thanks,
Tom

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anything is possible with an open check book. As long as you take care of it you should have no problem. One of the biggest things that goes bad on those engines are the cam phasers. Just stay on top of your oil changes you should be good. I have a 00 thats at 382k now. Bought it used with 17k on it back in 02.

OP
OP
Tom Bagdasarian
Reaction score
I’m wondering if I had that problem already. A few years ago it would make this popping sound when I stepped on the gas. If I states to slow down and had to speed up again I had to really push down on the gas. The truck would hesitate to move much then id hear a big pop and it would go smoothly. This happened a lot when I stopped or slowed down and pressed on the gas.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m wondering if I had that problem already. A few years ago it would make this popping sound when I stepped on the gas. If I states to slow down and had to speed up again I had to really push down on the gas. The truck would hesitate to move much then id hear a big pop and it would go smoothly. This happened a lot when I stopped or slowed down and pressed on the gas.

Sounds like a plugged cat

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i assume no check engine light came on. did you ever hook a scan tool up to see if any code were present or pending?