Remove front tow hook add fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baconbandit

Reaction score
Has anyone done a tow hook removal and added fog lights to this location?
I drive an XLT with no fog lights. Need better lighting on this vehicle.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have fog lights now? If so, and you have not done it yet, and/or the vehicle was not equipped with LED headlights and fog lights, change them to LED. You will have all the light you need. If you don't have fog lights you can add them where they go on limited and platinum models. There may also possibly be a harness at that location.
You can search for them online, or maybe your local junkyard has a complete oem set. You also might be able to order them from Ford.
These are after market that can be found on Ebay, among other places. They may have to b wired to accessory and add a switch:
1719489269669.png

Last edited:

VCFP153

Reaction score
Has anyone done a tow hook removal and added fog lights to this location?
I drive an XLT with no fog lights. Need better lighting on this vehicle.
It may be better to use a brush guard and mount the lights on that rather than in the bumper. If nothing else, that will allow you to use much bigger lights or even a light bar, if you so choose. You'll have all sorts of light then.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a write up on adding tow hooks several years ago. It may help you see what is required for removing them. I have the blanks that I removed. If you would like them, just PM me and pay shipping.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Stealth Limited with the LED lighting and foglamps. The fog lamps are just that, very low, very wide, good for very low speed driving in limited visibility situations, NOT good as low beam enhancements.... I'll use those foglamps entering a campground or whatever after dark... OTOH, the LED main lights, wow, great light exactly where you want it on the road. Only car I've driven with better headlights is my wife's 2016 Mercedes E350 wagon that has 'active' LED headlights that follow the road, and boy are those going to be stupid expensive to repair when they break.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Soon after purchase, I changed all my lights (head, run, turn, fog, puddle etc, to LED's on my 011 EL and it was like night & day difference (pun intended).

It had the (original/OEM) old school yellow-ish halogen/incanny bulbs, and there was only 2-3 screws to remove to get the fixtures out, so there's that, unlike more modern models, where you have to practically disassemble the whole front end just to get to them :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob T